Tag Archives: Chlorophyllum molybdites

Very Little Food, Plenty of Poison

The rains accompanying Hurricane Irene produced lots of mushrooms, but not many to eat. At least not where I looked. Below are two not generally known to be deadly species that will make you rather sick if you eat them. One grows in lawns and the other grows attached to dead or dying oak trees and stumps. Do you know what these mushrooms are?

The one that grows in lawns will produce a green spore print. But it’s not always obvious by looking. No shortcuts! Do the print. And don’t eat what you don’t know.

Eatmore T.

http://eatmoretoadstools.com

 
Halloween Gifts and More Chocolate Gifts at Chocolate.com
If you don’t know how to do spore prints, just ask.